1. ONE OF YOUR SCARS, HOW DID YOU GET IT?
Scar on the bottom of my right foot from a plantar wart that I got in college- my footprint was never the same
2. WHAT DO YOU WANT MORE THAN ANYTHING RIGHT NOW?
Powerball. With a huge jackpot. It would come in handy.
3. DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME YOU WERE BORN?
2:42 am. Once a nightowl, always a nightowl.
4. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE TOY AS A CHILD?
Any book I could get my hands on
5. THE BEST TV SHOW EVER CREATED:
Green Acres. I loved that show.
6. THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO?
Kaydee at work
7. DO YOU GET SCARED IN THE DARK?
8. THE LAST PERSON TO MAKE YOU CRY?
9. HOW MANY WISDOM TEETH DO YOU HAVE?
Nada. They're gone
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE COLOGNE / PERFUME?
It doesn't exist, but I have always said I'd love for a men's cologne to smell like BBQ sauce
11. WHAT KIND OF HAIR/EYE COLOR DO YOU LIKE ON THE OPPOSITE SEX?
I really like dark hair and green eyes.
12. WOULD YOU RATHER BE SMART OR FUNNY?
13. COFFEE OR ENERGY DRINKS?
I think we all know the answer to this one
14. IF YOU COULD EAT ANYTHING RIGHT NOW, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
In-N-Out Double Double
15. WHO IS THE LAST PERSON YOU MADE MAD?
The client I talked to at 4:30 and told him we had no jobs in the whole US for his discipline. He was none too pleased and screamed at me for 10 minutes. That happens a lot, lately.
16. DO YOU SPEAK ANOTHER LANGUAGE?
Fluent in Ig Pay Atinlay, Kathyspeak and some Hebrew
17. DO YOU LIKE SOMEONE?
I like a lot of someones.
18. WOULD YOU FALL IN LOVE KNOWING THAT THE PERSON IS LEAVING?
Sure, why not? They'll all eventually leave anyway,
19. WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO TELL SOMEONE HOW MUCH THEY MEAN TO YOU?
Belching their name can be meaningful in a bizarre yet thoughtful way
20. WHAT ANNOYS YOU MOST?
The word 'aint'. Nails on the chalkboard.
21. HAVE YOU BEEN OUT OF THE U.S.?
Yep. Several times
22. YOUR WEAKNESSES?
The internet, puppy dog eyes, pumpkin pie, free wi-fi, RVT's, 1,000 TC sheets, down-filled anything, sunsets
23. IF YOU COULD GET PLASTIC SURGERY WHAT WOULD IT BE?
For my plastic to be paid off
24. WHY DID YOU FILL OUT THIS SURVEY?
Cause you told me to!
25. ARE YOU TOO SHY TO ASK SOMEONE OUT?
26. WHAT DO YOU GET COMPLIMENTED ABOUT MOST?
27. WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF ALCOHOL BECAME ILLEGAL?
28. HOW MANY KIDS DO YOU WANT?
None. Zip. Zilch. Nada.
29. WHERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
My Mom's sister Katherine
30. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY?
At a comedy show - see #8
31. ANY BAD HABITS?
A better question would be "ANY GOOD HABITS?"
32. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
33. DO YOU KNOW ANYONE FAMOUS?
Several. A billionaire, a couple of millionaires, an exercise guru and several politicians
34. DO LOOKS MATTER?
35. HOW DO YOU RELEASE YOUR ANGER?
Blog. Nap. Then forget about it
36. DO YOU TRUST OTHERS EASILY?
Too easily at times
37. FAVORITE THOUGHT PROVOKING SONG:
The Muppets ' Rainbow Connection'
38. FAVORITE DAY OF THE YEAR?
4th of July
39. FAVORITE EXPRESSION?
Holy Crap...or many times if I am im'ing...Holy Carp
Who to tag? Those that don't have blogs! Cause now you can start one. Stef?? Talking to YOU!!
Honestly, I knew them all. Then again, I was reading by 3 and used to busy myself reading the dictionary, the encyclopedia and finally the phone book when I was a kid. If it had printing on it, I read it.
Your soul is painted the color red, which embodies the characteristics of love, strength, physical energy, sex, passion, courage, protection, excitement, speed, leadership, power, danger, and respect. Red is the color of the element Fire, and is associated with blood, life and death, birth, volcanoes, and intense emotions.
Sir Howard kindly offered to hand out questions which were then to be answered on the questioner's blog.
1. Drinking Liberally. Do you?
Yes, I do! I imbibe in the Denver Branch of this illustrious organization altho I ALWAYS imbibe responsibly. When out and about for a night of funness separate from DL, nothing can be funner than Jager Shots, Jager Bombs, Vodka Tonics (or any VBC- Vodka Based Cocktail) while always switching over to soda or water within 2 hours of having to drive. And milk. I love milk too. Drink lots of that as well.
2. At times you make me look like I'm moving in slow motion. Where do you get the energy?
Funny! I think the same thing about you! Part of it comes from the fact that I like being involved with friends, fun stuff to do, causes I believe it, etc. Another part comes from having a past life that was not so fun and cheery. And now, whenever I have the chance to do something 'FUN' I am there! Also, being a work-at-home-wonk forces me to get mega-involved as well
3. If love is a battlefield, where would you set up your base of command?
Love a battlefield? Not in Kathyland! No drama wanted/needed/accepted. Love is always best run from the internet. As a starting point, anyway! (and did you REALLY think I would give a different answer?)
4. What's with the concert fetish?
Ah yes. My love of music. Any word/time limits on this answer? Music is one of my BASIC needs. Water, oxygen, internet, housing are the only ones to trump music. Music is : what drives me, what makes me happiest, what inspires me, what keeps me going, what cheers me up, what keeps me from crashing. Live music? The cherry on top. Live music is everything above amplified. Life personified. Mega energy, crowd communion, laser focus on the music and that precise moment in time. Live music = heaven on earth.
5. Are you the kind of girl you don't take home to mama?
Back when I was in dating mode (pre-marriage) I WAS the girl the mom's loved. Stayed friends with most of them after my relationship with their sons had ended. I was the good girl. The kind girl. Always looked out for the guys in my life. The girl they never dreamed loved having sex more than their sons did! Just never wanted to have kids with them, so that derailed most of my relationships back in the day. Present day, not really into dating as much as just hanging as friends. I could be wrong, but my perception is dating (from the people I know that actively date) involves too much drama and not enough happiness, so why do it?
OK, anyone out there want me to ask them 5 questions to be answered on their blogs...or MySpaces or Facebooks...for all the world to see?
This Moment: procrastinating
Your Shoes: off
The State of Your Home: swiffered
Annoyed By: liars
Noise In the Background: silence
Really Want To: snowboard
Thinking About: visitor
Favorite Product In Office Supply Aisle: planners
Don't Ever Want To: smoke
Your Eye Color: green
The Weather: nipply
Have Never Tried: skydiving
Think Everyone Should Try: decluttering
Last Vacation Destination: NOLA
The Last Thing You Had to Drink: Pepsi
Your Bad Habit: internet
What You're Going To Do Now: shower
The History Chic started this and I am guessing she meant to tag us telepathicly...or telepathetically...or pathetically? Who knows?
Anyway, here we go.
Ten Weird Things About Me
1. I HATE exposed electrical outlets. I will hide them with blenders full of M&M's or cutesy nightlites or anything else I can get my hands on.
2. When I tear a piece of paper I have to tear it into quarters each time.
3. I have preview conversations with myself before I have to confront someone.
4. I lose it each and every time I see snow fall. We're talking mega-freak-out.
5. The older I get, the harder it is for me to shut the fuck up on political opinions. I was called a Closet Republican at Drinking Liberally tonite. HA!
6. More corny than weird, but here goes..each time I mail a letter to a friend, I kiss the back of the envelope before I put it in the mailbox. Hmmm...maybe that IS weird now that I type it. Oh well...at least I'm honest!
7. I can remember most conversations with my clients verbatim. One of my guys accused me of typing copious notes, since I always ask about his dog and keep track of his last 4 girlfriends.
8. I never close the door from the laundry room to the garage all the way when I go into the garage cause I am afraid a gust of wind will close it and lock me out of my house.
9. I study each daily sunset in case it is the last one I ever see.
10. I tell my house good night right before I fall asleep each night.
OK..first 5 Blogger Buddies that read this on Thursday, tag, you are so it!
A little old fashioned, and a little modern.
A little traditional, and a little bit punk rock.
A unique woman like you needs a city that offers everything.
No wonder you and London will get along so well.
Disclaimer : Over the last year I have gone from working overtime almost every day, obsessively checking my work email when I was away from work, checking my work voicemail 5-6 times a day ON THE WEEKEND, and never taking a vacation without forwarding my work email to my personal email (even tho I had a dedicated coverage person watching my desk) to not checking anything once I leave my desk on time most days. Given those facts, I'd say I've made progress!
You Have A Type A- Personality
You are one of the most balanced people around
Motivated and focused, you are good at getting what you want
You rule at success, but success doesn't rule you.
When it's playtime, you really know how to kick back
Whether it's hanging out with friends or doing something you love!
You live life to the fullest - encorporating the best of both worlds
You're a classic - powerful, athletic, and competitive. You're all about winning the race and getting the job done. While you have a practical everyday side, you get wild when anyone pushes your pedal. You hate to lose, but you hardly ever do.
You're steady, organizes, and determined to achieve your dreams.
You tend to play it conservative, going by the rules (at least the practical ones).
You'll likely reach the top. And when you do, you'll be honorable and responsible.
Focus on happiness. Don't let your goals distract you from fun!
Don't be too set in your ways, and you'll be more of a success than you ever dreamed of.