Hey Denver/Boulder/CO peeps, you need to stop what you are doing RIGHT now, click on this link then get in your car or hop on your bike and get yourself over to La Sandia.
What an awesome restaurant!
I loved everything about it. The interior design/decor is stunning, vibrant and very colorful. I could have sat there all afternoon admiring the decor. The food was phenomenal..some of the best I've ever had. Superfresh, very yummy and the presentation was gorgeous. Service was sincere, quick and refreshing...my server truly cared about my dining experience. Best of all? LOCATION! A 15 minute drive from my house! Finally! Something good in MY neighborhood. About time!
They have tequila tastings, fully equiped bar, cozy bar seating, and they would be perfect if they had wireless. Yes, I did suggest that!
HDW, Rosie, Heather, Karen, Jeff C, Floyd, Howard & Cameron, Hayes & TCD, Andrew, Micah, Gwen, Bex, Anthony, Her Highness, JennyJenJen, LG & Chris (even tho you are in LA) and KOBW even tho you are in DE.....I thought of all of you while I was here and I'm pretty sure all of you would love this place!
So go check it out and let me know if you want company :-)
5. What kind of dressing on your salad? Vinagrette? (The spelling is off but you know what I mean)
6. Coke or Pepsi? Used to be Coke only. Then I met HDW and now I'm 50/50.
7. You’re feeling lazy, what do you make? Reservations?
8. You’re feeling really lazy. What kind of pizza do you order? Gave up delivery pizza last year. Only pizza I eat at home is Amy's Organic. And you have to buy that ahead of time. So I guess I've been saving $ on no food deliveries?
9. You feel like cooking. What do you make? I rarely get the urge to cook...maybe since I hate to cook?...but every now and then I'll make a meatloaf with baked potatoes and steamed edamame.
10. Do any foods bring back good memories? Eating anything at my parent's house. Everything they make is great and they make it all look so easy.
11. Do any foods bring back bad memories? Anything Oriental or Thai. I had several boyfriends in college that were always trying to get me to eat that crap. It always made me sick. But I kept trying. I never ever liked it and to this day whenever anyone mentions Chinese, Japanese or Thai food I want to puke. Very bad memories there!
12. Do any foods remind you of someone? Fried Chicken - Mom. Killer breakfasts- Dad. Gigantic holiday feasts- Dad and Mom. Chocolate chip cookies - Diane. Spanish Hot Doggies-Mom. Killer bean casserole - HDW. Killer BBQ- Cameron. Mac & Cheese - Jeff C. Killer Mango Salsa - Flod
13. Is there a food you refuse to eat? See #11
14. What was your favorite food as a child? Grilled hot dogs and hamburgers with my Auntie Maggie's potato salad. Heaven.
15. Is there a food that you hated as a child but now like? Strawberries
16. Is there a food that you liked as a child but now hate? Don't hate it but don't like ice cream as much as I used to.
17. Favorite fruit and vegetable: Toss up between banana and strawberry. Fave veggie? Avocado, hands down.
18. Favorite junk food: Chips and guac (w/ no cilantro)
19. Favorite between meal snack: Don't really eat between meals all that much. Handful of chips maybe?
20. Do you have any weird food habits? My milk has to be super super cold. If eating cookies, they have to be soft or else I'll nuke them until they are. And I won't touch leftovers that are over two days old MAX!
21. You’re on a diet. What food(s) do you fill up on? Don't really do the diet thing...just try to eat healthy and in moderation. I do really like steamed edamame, tho. Tastes like french fries.
22. You’re off your diet. Now what? Again, don't really go overboard on anything. Maybe alcohol?
23. How spicy do you order Indian/Thai? See #11. For Mexican, I like it medium.
24. Can I get you a drink? Milk for breakfast or lunch. Coke or Pepsi for dinner. Raspberry Vodka Tonics for being social. Hot chocolate for when it's cold. Beer every now and then.
25. Red or White Wine? Gives me migraines so I'll pass. Rosie or HDW will drink it for me!
26. Favorite dessert? Spring & Summer-Key Lime Pie / Fall - Pumpkin Pie w/ French Vanilla ice cream / Winter- Pizookie from BJ's.
27. The perfect nightcap? Andrew got me hooked on Mountbrew. Roibos Tea mixed with Bailey's. I hate tea. I hate Bailey's. I love this concoction. Go figure!
Who to tag??
4 Denver bloggers that blog all the time. 2 Denver Bloggers that haven't blogged in over a month (so many to choose from, sadly!). The new daddy foodie from DE (WALT...this is you! YOU, Walt! YOU YOU YOU!!!). And for dessert? LG from LA.
Thanks, Jeff C for the origination of said craving.
[Edit- Stef makes a good point. It DOES look like a giant cookie. For clarification, it was in reference to Jeff C's posting on Chicken Pot Pie being one of his 3 favorite foods. And once I read that, I started craving it. Had to have it. There you go!]
Yesterday afternoon I had an intense discussion with my associate...(who shall remain nameless cause you KNOW what happens to bloggers who blog about work)...about Peeps. You know, the innocuous pastelly pure sugar Easter candy that resembles chicks or bunnies. Anyway, turns out my associate LOVES Peeps. LOVES THEM!
And being the Team Player that I am, I snagged a Pallet o' Peeps after work and brought them into work today.
Let the fun commence.
At first we had visions of Peep Wars in our heads...well, in my head actually cause he had never heard of Peep wars (where you stick your Peeps into the microwave, have them face each other with toothpicks jammed in their chests, turn the microwave on and watch the Peeps joust as they grow...then explode all over the innards of your microwave...oh yeah, fun times!) so I educated him.
Took a picture of the Peep package and attached the picture to an email that I distributed to the rest of our team, inviting them to partake in our Peepalicious goodness...so sad for them, they didn't bite! (haha, bite....get it??)
Not content with that, I created an email that I sent to oh, about 10 clients that have never met me before, and in the subject line I wrote ' how would you like to see what I look like and oh, by the way I'm wearing purple'...just to see what their response would be.
The ones that responded thought it was funny. Got some smart-ass comments back as well, but overall it made them laugh...always a good thing...and they think I'm wacked...what else is new? If you can't laugh at yourself, you're in trouble.
Normally my day is not so giddy and goofy, but every now and then ya just gotta go with what happens and enjoy it.
Last night I got a call from my buddies Abby and Howard. While they were out and about doing errands yesterday, they spied a new building going in close to the Target that we all frequent during our lunch breaks.
Abby stated she thought it might just be a Steak and Shake but she wasn't sure.
So it happened that I was in the same area today, and drove by to check it out.
Yep, the building DID look familiar...but I wanted to make sure that this was not some random hunch that would raise our hopes and then sadly dash them when the restaurant opened and it wasn't a Steak and Shake.
So I continued to survey the scene. After several minutes, I determined that Abby's initial opinion was correct.
And yeah, this sign sorta kinda helped! If I can't have In-N-Out, Steak and Shake will definitely do in a pinch!