All I can say is WOW! My ears were still ringing when I woke up this morning. Best band I've seen in ages. They did the Ween cover of 'Roses Are Free' and they out-Weened Ween! Plus, they live right here in our own backyard.
* Millions of college students must be in mourning.
* HDW is Baaaack! :-)
* Be careful what you think. Just as I was mentally patting myself on the back for having a vehicle with Winter Power Drive, I got stuck. In my own driveway. It was dark, swerved to make more room for my neighbor who was leaving, didn't see the drifts that the wind blew in my driveway while I was out running errands. So half-in, half-out of the driveway and blocking traffic. Shoveled and tried and shoveled and tried for 45 minutes. Triple A said there would be a 2-3 hour wait minimum. Two very kind neighbors that I had never met before came to my rescue. I love CO!! I love neighbors that are kind!
* Lost a pair of black fleecey gloves while I was out with friends Tuesday night. They were so warm and so functional...$9.89 special at Costco. I loved them. So, went back to Costco today and Voila...one pair left. In small. What are the chances?? Celebrated and splurged with the $1.50 Hot Dog and Drink meal.
* In my earlier post this week about making 911 calls from your cell, I called the Denver PD to ask the proper # or protocol. Turns out you can dial 911 from any cell, but as soon as you connect you need to tell them it is a cell and give them your# right off the bat so they can call back if you get disconnected. At that point, once you've given your cell, you give them the rest of the info.
* Triple A memberships are one of the BEST presents you can ever give. My opinion, of course.
* Finally, I paid off my washer and dryer today! Yay. Let's hear it for paying off debt. (Lowe's had a special 'buy a major appliance and no charges or tax for a year" deal.)
For anyone that's paid the slightest attention to the news over the last 12 hours, Denver has a bit of a snowfall going on. Couple extra flakes here and there. And a blizzard. And other stuff like DIA closed down and 5,000 people stranded at the airport and even the "Not wind nor snow nor rain nor sleet' Post Office has thrown in the towel and said 'hell with this'.
So here we are. Sitting at home. No parents. No siblings, No IN-N-OUT! Yeah, suckage all around.
Then I got to thinking.
Well wait a minute, what good things have come out of this?
Here's a couple "
* Caught up on my sleep by napping twice today
* At least I listened to my gut feeling and mailed my parents gifts ahead of time. The gifts arrived before I did.
* I would probably be wondering non-stop at my parents house how my gazebo was holding up in the wind. And since I'm home, wonder no more. It is falling apart, tho.
* Got to light another Hanukkah candle.
* Got to experiene the beauty that is snowfall in Denver. It really is gorgeous, from where I sit.
About to call it a night.
Tomorrow will rise and shine and attempt to finish some projects I've been meaning to accomplish for quite awhile. Decided I'm going to use it as a vacation day...why not, since I have coverage?
So for all of you Denver people, stay warm, stay dry, stay inside.
Last year I flew into Denver to buy a house on 10 Dec. Didn't have a house narrowed down, but I did have a list of 46 homes to look at. My sisters Diane and Kelly drove from CA to help me look and when we checked into our hotel I was surprised by the addition of my Dad and Mom who had flown in to surprise me...and help me look as well.
Last year on 11 Dec I looked at a TON of homes...easily 25 homes in one day. The 8th one we looked at gave me a good feeling. It gave my parents and Kel and Di a great feeling cause as soon as we walked into the house my Dad shouted 'buy it'. For the rest of the day as we continued to look, my Dad (and everyone else) asked why were we continuing to look when they had already 'found' my house for me.
Last year on 12 December I decided that it COULD be my house and I would be happy there. So I made an offer with the anal-retentive-control-freak addition of asking that if they wanted the sale, they would have to give me an answer on 13 December. Why?
Cause it was my birthday and I wanted to buy a house for my birthday.
So 3 guesses what I got for my birthday last year?
What makes people knock furiously at your door...at 12:05 am...then run away?
Only to do it again 20 minutes later?
Gee thanks, I wasn't in REM sleep anyway.
And to the neighbor of mine a couple houses down...why is it your fucking security alarm keeps going off late at night when you're out of town? Give the code to a neighbor. Turn it off. Do something. The thought of sneaking into your backyard and turning off your power is OH SO TEMPTING.