Here's what I learned in 2007.
* ALWAYS listen to your gut feeling
* Actions speak louder than words
* Karma. What goes around DOES come around. And she will be a bitch when she comes for you or those you love.
* Trust is a good thing
* Trust is a bad thing
* Say I love you as often as you can but only if you mean it.
* Don't say I love you if you don't mean it
* Never assume. It may not make an ass out of you and me, but still, don't assume.
* The people that say they will never hurt you are the ones that will hurt you.
* ALWAYS have money set aside for a rainy day
* It will rain when you least expect it
* Politeness, neatness and compassion will never go out of style
* Think a thought 3 times before you say it
* Always forgive...but you don't have to forget
* Just cause you're doing what you think is the right thing doesn't make it right
* Life is a self-fulfilling prophecy. Decide how you want your life to play out.
* True-honest-to-goodness friends are rare and priceless. Treat them accordingly
* Life is cyclical. If you're unhappy now, just wait, things will get better. The reverse is also true.
* Always believe in yourself.