Pix forthcoming as soon as I figure out how to use it.
Pix forthcoming as soon as I figure out how to use it.
My Dad's cancer surgery was a success. His surgeon removed a tumor measuring 3.5 cm from his kidney. Kidney was spared and his prognosis for a full recovery is excellent.
YAY YAY YAY!!!
I so want to leave the following voicemail on my incoming message at work :
‘Hi, my name, my #, my fax. (The basics, no problem there.)
I will get back to you as soon as I can...trust me, I know how to prioritize....but before I return your call, please note :
* My client that has been burned out of their apt or diagnosed with cancer is more important than talking to someone who has no idea of where they want to go, or when, or knows what is necessary to get there.
* Please slow down when leaving your message...use your full name...do you know how many Amy’s/Bill’s/Steve’s I work with? And altho I would LOVE to have the ability to read minds, I can’t, so leaving your phone # would be oh so special and would really help me reach you without having to resort to telepathy.
*Leaving me a message 3x in 30 minutes will not guarantee I will call you back 3x quicker...if anything, it will be the opposite.
* Yelling at me, cursing at me, screaming at me will not endear you to me...and definitely won’t hasten a return phone call.
* Scream at my staff and you are history...fair warning. They are like family to me...NO ONE screams at my family!
* I have 3 incoming lines and the only time I leave my desk is to pee...if I’m lucky. I am ALWAYS a)on one of my lines b) instant messaging someone c)sending/reading an email or d)most of the time doing all 3..at the same time. So when you leave a msg don’t say ‘when you get back to your desk, when you are finished visiting, when you are finished taking a break’....trust me, you don’t wanna say that.
*Hey, I’m in sales...you may not realize it, but it is what it is. Given that, I have goals to meet...quotas to beat...I need to do 100+ calls a day. This is how I pay my bills. If you are one of my favorites or one of my non-favorites that have a pressing issue, you know I will devote 100% of my time and focus to you. If you’re just calling to whine about something I have no control over, please do it after hours when I am not here to answer my phone. Cause I have work to do.
*Finally, if you are one of my loyal ones, please know how much I appreciate, respect, treasure and truly love you guys (and your partners and your pets too!). You make my job bearable in more ways than you’ll ever know. Please...clone yourselves. And do it quickly, if you could!
Thanks for listening :-)
The Kid has a blog of his very own.
Always a pleasure to read, no matter what the topic!
Things I learned today...
* Sometimes you need to be the bad guy. So be the bad guy. It won’t be the end of the world.
* Another person’s problem is only your problem if you choose to make it so.
* When trying to prove to a client that you are also a ‘geek’ don’t over do it. Not everyone knows what the Borg signifies. And when you try to explain, you run the risk of showing how uber-geeky you really are.
* One can never have too much mac & cheese for lunch...well ok, maybe one can but never let that change your mind.
* The BEST possible way to start your day is when one of your buddies sends you a picture of an In-N-Out Double-Double. Actually, I guess the BEST possible way to start your day would be to eat a Double Double. Hey Tom...where’s my DD?
Just another day in paradise...
So I'm sitting here, blogging and enjoying the breeze while the laundry launders. Might head over to the pool...might crack open one of the books on my summer reading list...might head on over to Target in awhile...or maybe I'll just sit here and vege all day.
It's good to have options.
What a difference two weeks make.
When I first moved in, the new roomie kept the temp on the warm side...while I prefer low's 70's. Several remarks were made suggesting I might prefer relocating to Alaska.
Then tonite while watching a DVD, I got up twice to turn up the temp...I was freezing. While I washed the dishes before going to bed, the roomie pops out of his room and says 'I think I've assimilated you too well...it's too hot for me'. Then he cranked up the A/C.
The BORG would be proud.
Where did the week go?
Moved into my buddy's house last Friday after work. The rest of the week was a blur...
Last Saturday and Sunday packed up the wordly possessions in my house. Repeat after me...packing sux. So does moving too, but that's a given. So yeah, packed up everything and the movers arrived bright and early Monday am. I can proudly share with you that they were impressed with the orderliness of all my boxes and furniture. Ed, the head mover, said it was the most organized and simplified move he's seen in ages. My arm has healed from patting myself on the back.
While I had planned to do the final cleaning Monday night, decided to take the night off and relax. Spent time with the new roomie just hangin out and catching up.
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday night were spent cleaning and moving the assorted bits and pieces over to the Delray Beach house.
Thursday's visit was short and sweet..took out the recycling and trash for the last time, and yes- you guessed it- one last round of Swiffering. After one last walk thru, going from room to room to say goodbye to my house, I drove away happy. Time to start the next chapter in my life.
Took Friday - my closing day- off from work. Closing went smoothly and was complimented by the buyers and their realtor at having left the house so neat and clean. Yeah, music to my ears. I'm nothing if not a sucker for all things neat and clean.
Spent the rest of the day doing errands, following up on the utilities I cancelled and tweaking my new room...it's alot smaller than what I'm used to...no complaints tho, I'm really happy here. New roomie and I have known each other for 6+ years and so far, a week into the roomie experience, we both feel it's going really well.
On tap for this weekend?
Sleep. Sleep some more. Read. Nap. Pool time. Sleep. Wash the truck. See a movie. Sleep
Speaking of which, sleep sounds good right about now.
Viva Las VegASS was up for interviews. So I signed on.
Before I do the same for you, here are the rules.
1. If you want to participate, leave a comment below saying "Interview me. Brownie points if you say please first. Jager bombs for you if you are super creative!
2. I will respond by asking you five questions - each person's will be different. I'll post the questions in the comments section of this post.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
Failure to proceed in the above manner will turn you into a newt.
Get it? Got it! Good.
Here’s what Todd asked :
1. I notice you have a few Louisville bloggers on your links list. Are you originally from Louisville or have a Louisville connection?
A- The first Louisvillian I came in contact with was Bryan thru DKos. Then found Eek! & Jason, then Carrie, then you!
2. If you could eliminate global poverty but to do so would mean an end to all forms of artistic expression, what would you do?
A- Wow, a tough one. While poverty can be as basic as being without adequate food, money, or a means of survival, poverty can also mean doing without that one thing that gives you life and hope. If all forms of artistic expression were to vanish, it might create a counterbalance so huge that the original goal of eliminating global poverty might be given a second thought. Personally, to live without music would not be a life worth living. That, and In-N-Out, of course.
3. If you could live anywhere in the continental United States without regard to finding employment and paying bills, where would you live?
A- In Colorado between Boulder-Denver...maybe Longmont, Westminster, Commerce City, etc.
4. Does broccoli give you gas?
A- Wouldn’t know, seeing as I detest, loathe and hate broccoli in the worst way.
5. Would you date someone who collected commemerative plates? Why or why not?
A- Heck ya...sure, why not? I think it’s cool when people feel passionately about an interest and am always interested to find out what created the interest in the first place.
Thanks for my interview, Todd :-)
Ok, who’s next?
...iPod and iBook reside.
Just brought the last load over to my new place to call home in Delray Beach, FL.
Yes, in case you are wondering, my room IS spotlessly clean and organized. As long as you don't open the closet, all is well. Had to leave my dresser behind at the last second (eek!) so really don't have anywhere to store my articles of clothing that would normally go in dresser drawers. No worries tho, we dodged a hurricane, and in the whole scope of things, life is very good tonite.
My new roomie does not like it cold...I am happiest with the temp set at 70. Right now I've set it at 75. Of course, it is hotter than hell outside...feels like 95 with humidity of 85% according to Yahoo weather. We'll see how the temperature regulation and other things work out. This latest adventure in living should be interesting.
On that note, time for a shower, a cold beer, and HGTV.
NNSD and welcome home.
When I first heard of what happened in London, I immediately thought of Kathy. And another blogger I read, Mr. Fridge.
Kathy is fine as is Mr. Fridge. My blogger buddies, two people I have never met but care a great deal about, are physically ok. Sometimes the internet connects us in ways we never dreamed possible.
What happened in London is a tragedy. Much more than that, words fail me. It's all so sad.
Take good care, Kathy and Mr. Fridge.
Hawrpy Birthday To You,
Hawrpy Birthday To You,
Hawrpy Birthday, Hawrpy Birthday
I Haven't Forgotten You.
Miss you & love you.
Got to bed at 2:30. Have been awake since 5.
Seems my neighbors A/C unit is dying. All night long, whenever it cycled on, it sounded like a squadron of battered Maytag washing machines was hovering over the lake outside my window. It cycled on every 11 minutes. I counted.
Eventually I fell asleep only to have the weirdest dream.
In it, I was living in a house that I was about to move out of (but it wasn't the current house I live in) and a Slovakian refuge broke in and decided to stay. Seems the first night he broke in he took my truck for a joyride then had all the keys on my keyring copied. He said as long as I let him stay, he wouldn't kill me. So I let him stay. Two days later, his two brothers and wacked out sister moved in. Told them they had to stay in the garage and they were surprisingly cool with that. After a week of cleaning up after them I had had enough and called the police to come arrest him and his siblings.
Just as the police showed up to arrest him, a huge chirping sound came from nowhere. It was really loud and woke me up. The chirping was real.
The battery in my fire alarm downstairs needs replacing. Hence the chirping. And the neighbors A/C just started up AGAIN. So much for going back to sleep.
Think I'll leave early for work today. Some peace and quiet would do me good.
...it's almost 8:30 at night and here's the weather report :
|Barometer:||30.14 in and rising||Wind:||ENE 8 mph|
|Visibility:||16.09 mi||Sunset:||8:17 pm|
...can I go on record as officially saying I hate Florida in the summer?
Guess I just did.
It's all good, tho, considering this is my last 4th of July here.
Got this from Jillian who got it from Todd...
1. Tell me something obvious about you.
I’m a blogaholic.
2. Tell me something about you that many don't know.
3. What is your biggest fear?
4. Do you normally go the safe route or take the short cut?
5. Name one thing that you can't buy with money?
6. What is your most treasured possession?
The picture in my bathroom of the best weener dog in the whole wide world.
7. What is the one thing you hate most about yourself that you do often?
8. What is your favorite lie to tell?
When I tell myself at the beginning of each week that THIS will be the week I get back to the gym on a regular basis.
9. Name something you've done once that you can't wait to do again.
10. Are you the jealous type?
11. What is the one person, place or thing you can't say no to?
Person - dogs...I am incapable of walking by a dog...any dog..without stopping to say hello..and I totally lose it over puppies.
Place - In-N-Out (since I don’t live in CA anymore, am safe from this temptation for the most part)
Thing - HGTV on the weekend
12. What's the nicest thing someone has ever done for you?
When my buddy T called me the day of my divorce and left me the sweetest message ever...he won a special place in my heart from that day forward.
13. If you could do something crazy right now, what would it be?
Umm, if you know me at all, you know I’m already doing it.
14. When was the last time you cried?
Last month when I said goodbye to Scott, Scott and Jillian at the airport after our BBBBB (Boca BBQ Blogger Buddy Bash)
15. When was the last time you felt so good that nothing else mattered?
Last night after having dinner with my college buddy and her extended family...it was a wonderful night that made me thankful for my friend and all the fantastic times we’ve shared.
16. Do you feel comfortable in public with no shirt on?
Sure, why not?
17. Name something embarrassing you did while drunk.
What happened during Hurricane Frances stays private...right, Jillian?
18. Name one person, past or present, with whom you'd like to spend the day.
My grandpa on my Dad’s side...he died before my parents were married.
19. Name one place you've never been and would like to go, and why.
Gotta name two...want to visit IRELAND and HUNGARY and take my parents with me. Dad is 100% Hungarian and Mom is 100% Irish. None of us have ever been and it would be the dream of a lifetime to experience both places with them.
20. What's the story behind your online persona/name?
Have gone by Calichick (I’m a chick who used to live in California), Weenergrrl (gotta love them Weener dogs) and Kath (abbreviated from Katherine).